Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again....

a guy from the Volvo's technical service, here in Almeria, said to me that it's impossible that my S40 has self headlamp range adjustment if the headlamps aren't bixenon.

Just to make a test and check if the "self levelling" system is working properly, with the engine on but the car stopped, three persons sat down on the rear seat of the car but I don't observe any correction on the level of the beam. Is there anything wrong? How can I check if the self levelling system is working and what can I do to observe it working?

Thanks in advance

Juan-Miguel
Almeria
SPAIN

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have a T5 2005 automatic with regular head lights and I didn't know of this feature. Is it supposed to be a standard feature?

Greg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Gregoire....

I think it isn't an standard feauture because, my car is the only S40 I've seen without that little wheel close to the light switcher to regulate the height of the lights. All the S40 I've seen have the "manual" control. That's the why I post here. Anyway this morning I've been reading about how the sensors work and it is quite complicated. They have in account the speed of the car and only act if the speed is greatter than 30 Km/h and the acceleration is equal to or smaller than 0.78 Km/s2.
If you are interested, give me an e-mail address and I'll send you the PDF document.
I'm not sure if my S40 has all this mess of sensors but what I'm sure is that I cannot regulate the headlamp from the cabin.

JM

·
Registered
325 Posts
Yes!
I'm interested to see if I have any of this and see how it works...
I'll post my email address into your box on this website.
thanks again...

Greg

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
I dont know which models its standard on, but I have it in mine. However, it still has a manual adjustment in addition to this, which is good since Volvo xenons seem to be inherently aimed low.

Pull up to a building (turn the lights on
). If its working right, and u put people in the back and/or take them out, u will see the headlights moved slightly up and down for a second or two. Its especially noticeable if u have people in the back with the car on, turn it off, have them get out, and turn the car/lights on again.

I read somewhere that the leveling sensor is on the rear axle or rear shocks, cant remember which.

Hope that helps some.

·
Registered
325 Posts
jexposit,

I got your email. Very interesting although I don't think I have that automated adjustment on my car.
I didn't realise that it was a patent when you talked about it.
Thank again for sharing

Greg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts