Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2014 Volvo XC60 won't start - it just "clicks" once.
I never had this problem before - ALTHOUGH I often got a "Low Battery" warning, even though the battery was fully charged.

The mechanic tried putting in a new starter, but that was NOT the problem.
He then replaced the wire going to the lead on the battery...
THAT got it to start.. but strangely, after I picked it up, and drove about half a mile, and parked it to go to a store.... It would NOT start again! Same problem. "CLICK" and then nothing.

The radio and lights still come on. The dashboard lights up. But it will not start!

I'm stumped, the mechanic is stumped.

My only amateur "hunch" is that maybe it could be the alternator? Sometimes I think it is, sometimes I don't think it is.

·
Super Moderator
4,787 Posts
QUOTE (Joshace @ Aug 3 2020, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>My 2014 Volvo XC60 won't start - it just "clicks" once.
I never had this problem before - ALTHOUGH I often got a "Low Battery" warning, even though the battery was fully charged.

The mechanic tried putting in a new starter, but that was NOT the problem.
He then replaced the wire going to the lead on the battery...
THAT got it to start.. but strangely, after I picked it up, and drove about half a mile, and parked it to go to a store.... It would NOT start again! Same problem. "CLICK" and then nothing.

The radio and lights still come on. The dashboard lights up. But it will not start!

I'm stumped, the mechanic is stumped.

My only amateur "hunch" is that maybe it could be the alternator? Sometimes I think it is, sometimes I don't think it is.
check the wiring on the back of your alternator may be a loose wire

1 - 4 of 4 Posts