Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to manually close the sunroof on a S60?

I have a 2002 and the sunroof has been acting up. Today, it opened on it's own and now, it will not close. There is rain in the forecast and the garbage bag over the sunroof isn't working because it's too windy outside.

·
Registered
149 Posts
there is a plastic panel just rear to the interior lights above rear view mirror...the panel must be prised off gently ...on removal you will find a large nut/screw ..when you twist this the roof should close....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I pried the plastic panel off with the sunroof controls above the rear view mirror.

I see several screws, but no large nut/screw.

Is it a hex screw that I have to turn?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had a gimpy window and door switch, and "Mo" posted this fix:

Try performing a reset of the UEM (Upper Electronic Module), this controls the door locks and window operation:

- Close all of the doors and bonnet.
- Key in position II engine not running.
- Hold both the driver window and passenger window switches in the driver door panel in the closed or up position for 5 to 8 seconds after the windows are closed.
- Release buttons.
- Remove the ignition key.
- Operated the remote twice. lock/unlock lock/unlock.

This will reset the UEM brain. This can correct faulty operation of the sunroof and/or erratic door lock function.

Fixed my S60 perfectly, no problems since. Give it a shot, I'd like to know if it works for you.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Oh yes..its old age catching up with me or the late hours of the night..try the UEM reset first...if it doesnt work they turn the largest hex nut clockwise ...this hex nut will be the one most closest to the centre..
cheers
Mo
edit..out of curiousity did you check your fuse and relay?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, I checked the fuse and relay.

I think the problem is the sunroof control module.

I took it out and it appears that water had gotten into it somehow.

When I took it apart, there was water on the board and classic signs of slight burns associated with fried electronics.

I wiped off all the water as much as I could.

When I key the sunroof, I can hear the control module clicking, so it's not completely dead.

I'll try the UEM reset and if the sunroof closes, I'll take out the fuse.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for everyone's help.

The problem was the sunroof control module.

Got the module today, put it in and the sunroof closed with no problems.

The root cause of the water might have come from the side aprons of the sunroof. My right apron has come undone and water might have been able to leak in through there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts