Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the 80K service on my 99 V70 which was basically rotating the tires, checking the battery, topping off the fluids and resetting the service light all for the low price of $150. In addition, I found out I need a 'blower motor sensor' for the ac (which works fine) and a torque mount (on top of the engine).
First, where can I see a list of the maintenance completed at the various miles and second can I take care of the other two items (moderately handy)????
Any help would be appreciated.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
The upper torgue mount is easy to replace.Remove the 7 or 8 T-30 screws holding the plastic cover on the top of the engine.Remove the cover.If your car is turbo you migth have to remove the 2 T-25 screws holding the plastic pipe crossing over the top of the engine.Then lift up on the pipe and remove the cover.Remove the screw going through the top of the mount.Then remove the 4 14mm screws holding it to the top of the engine and lift off.

When you say blower motor sensor do you mean blower motor resistor?When you turn the blower on does it run for a sec and then stop?

Some one may know where a list is but I don't. The 80k is oil change check fluids and top off.check tire pressure and brakes.Check spare tire and check for codes.
Note: Not all techs check for codes during the service.If there is no lights on they don't check.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info...there's nothing wrong with the blower motor. It's just that when I start the car, the lights blink on the buttons for a few seconds indicating that something is wrong.The ac and blower work fine at this point.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Do you happen to know if they tryed to calibrate all the motors?The blend door motors sometimes go out of adjustment and need to be readjusted.

·
Registered
5 Posts
In the owners manual for my 99 V70 there is a list of what is due at each service interval, it's a chart with service items running down the left side and mileage intervals running across the top. I don't have the book in front of me, but it's towards the back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts