Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WTF ???
my S60 has what appear to be "luggs" of some description in the rear of the head lining ??
ive no idear what there for ?? sun shade perhaps ??
they are in the head liner at the rear at the top of the rear window, above the rear passengers heads....????
can anyone tell me what they are ??? i just gats to know.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
I have no idea. The one in the middle is solid, and the outer two have slits in them. Some sort of vent maybe?

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
They should be for sunshades that would pull out of the area behind the rear headrests.
That is a factory option.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sounds convincing tech...is that deffinaitly what they are or is that your guess..... if it is for sun shades, where can i buy they...ive looked for S60 optional extra's and mods online at volvo dealers and other sites, but all i ever seem to find are the ushall cargo load liners and roof racks ??? im curious to know what extra's i can load my S60 with.......
does anyone have any links for S60 accsesories....

·
Premium Member
2,885 Posts
Just type Volvo S60 Parts, or Volvo S60 Performance Parts or Volvo S60 Accessories into a search engine and you will get a gazillion hits. Most of them have the same accessories but there seem to be a good amount out there. www.ipdusa.com is a good site.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
I have seen them in cars before.Not sure if they were from the factory or a dealer add on.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Im sure they do.Someone else might sell them cheaper though.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
I know I have seen them on cars before.Next time you are at the dealer ask about them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
When I bought my 2001 S60, AOL was offering a promotional package to members who bought the new Volvo. The package consisted of the rear sunscreen, a CD changer installed in the trunk, some Volvo mud flaps, a Volvo first aid kit, and a premium speaker upgrade.

It was pretty sweet. I grabbed one of those free CDs that came in the mail and joined AOL long enough to print out the certificate that had to go to the dealer during the deal. After I bought the car and the dealer installed all of the free extras, I cancelled my AOL membership.

So to make a long story short, there is a rear mounted, manual sunscreen that hooks to the top rear of the head liner in two locations. It works pretty well. We never retract it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts