Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone explain the different ways to lower your car? Is it just putting in new springs or is there more to it? And what effect does it have on the ride and handling? Thanks.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Most of the time you can just install the springs and have an alignment done and you are fine.

It makes the car handle better but will give more of a bumpy ride.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Aside from improving stability by lowering the center of gravity of the car and trying to look a little more like a true sport car is there other benefits to lowering the car?
I knew that I probably couldn't do that in Pennsylvania USA. Too many Hills, I probably would live pieces behind on the road. Proportionally what's better or what has more of an effect to stability, lowering the car or changing wheels and suspension? I guess it is all a trade off?

Greg

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
Better handling and looking better aren't enough for u? U want more benefits? (just kidding u
)

I think it more depends on what u want out of the upgrade. Are u willing to deal with a harsher ride for the look of it lowered, or are more interested in a nice set of aftemarket wheels/tires? If u plus-size the tires, keep in mind that the tire sidewall will be shorter, so u might notice a slightly rougher ride as well.

As for stability, any time u lower the center of gravity it's better. But how low do u want to go, what kind of tires will u put on? Tons of variables. In the end, u have to go with what u think looks best and u can afford.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts