Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I've got a low oil pressure message in my S80 Volvo. I took it to the shop and they tried a lot of things, until they realized that the oil pan o-rings were bad. They replaced them and the pressure now is fine. The problem is that the light with the message still comes out. They also replaced the oil pump. Please, help. They say that they have done everything that they could do.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Did they tell you what the oil pressure was?They sensor may be bad.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, they said that it was 680-700 (iddle) after replacing the oil pan o-rings (much better than when I gave them the car).
They replaced the sensor and the light still was coming out.
When they didn't know that the problem could be the oil pan o-rings they replace the oil pump!
For sure part of the problem is in the oil pan o-rings because they came out in pieces.
They are planning on Monday to check their gauge to see if it is not working properly.
What do you think? What should I ask them?

They had the car for a week and a half, is it that difficult the diagnostic?

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Find out if they replaced the o-ring on the tube in the oil pan.It is not the other o-rings.Also one of the o-rings may have moved while they were putting the pan back on.I think they need to remove the oil pan again and check.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, it is exactly what happened.

Thought they almost got full pressure back the car still showed the low pressure message. I also suspected about missing some seal somewhere so they recheck everything and, yes, they miss one o-ring. I'm not sure wchich one.
Anyway, thanks a lot for your help!
--Nuria.

·
Registered
1 Posts
sorry to heard you are having that problem. i had the same thing that happen to me and it cost me 946.37. the problem was that had to clean the lower engine and replace the oil pan seal. tha parts cost 96.37 the labor was 850.00 so if you dont have that type of money dont take it to the dealer
good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts