Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, My first time posting on this forum.
My wife has an 01 S-60 that we bought new and the brake pads really get the wheels dirty.
I use Axxis Deluxe Plus pads on my car, they are a low dust pad, but I don't think they are made for Volvo's. What are you people using?
Thanks in advance.
JimLev

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
Dont even know what type are on mine. They are the stock ones though. Not too bad as far as brake dust goes, but then again I wash the car sometimes twice a week.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Again I just use the factory Pads and I don't get a lot of dust problems.

But I have heard on a company doing Kevlar Brake Pads, that are meant to be high performance and all-most no dust. (I don't know if they are available for the Volvo's Yet as I have only just got mine).

Hope this Helps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replys, my wife doesn't wash her car much and when I do it the wheels are so black with dust that some of it refuses to come off no matter what I use on them. The Axxis pads on my car generate so little dust that a clean rag can take all of the dust off after 2-3 weeks of driving. I usually clean my car every week, but sometimes don't have time to do her's.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PBR's OK thanks I'll give them a try.
Just curious, which Bimmer do you have?
Mine is an "00 540 6 speed with a few mods.

·
Registered
81 Posts
My 2004 S60 AWD is also a dust monster. Part of it is my fault because I doubt the car gets washed more than 6 or 7 times a year.

I was told ceramic pads can correct the problem. Does anyone here know anything about ceramic pads and is there a brand that makes one for Volvos.

brianf

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
QUOTE(brianf @ Sep 23 2005, 05:37 PM)My 2004 S60 AWD is also a dust monster. Part of it is my fault because I doubt the car gets washed more than 6 or 7 times a year.

I was told ceramic pads can correct the problem. Does anyone here know anything about ceramic pads and is there a brand that makes one for Volvos.

brianf
[snapback]15725[/snapback]​

This was discussed somewhere, but I dont remember where. I think only the rotor was a ceramic or ceramic/carbon fiber material. The pad itself was not ceramic.

I havent found any ceramic rotors for Volvos. Maybe if u contacted a race shop that does Volvos u might find some, but I dont think it would be worth the price. Its like an $8,000.00 option on Porsches.

·
Registered
81 Posts
QUOTE(S60 R @ Sep 23 2005, 08:56 PM)I dont think it would be worth the price. Its like an $8,000.00 option on Porsches.
[snapback]15730[/snapback]​

Ouch!!! You got that right

brianf

1 - 9 of 9 Posts