Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi-

I'm looking at a 1998 V70 (standard 4 door, I believe). I have several concerns. I am switching over from a Honda Civic, which has been reliable, but a little too lightweight for the awful snowy roads where I live.

1.) Can anyone tell me, from experience, if the cost of ownership is pretty high. Have you personally had a ton of repairs?

2.) This particular car is from Canada and designed for the Canadian Market (I noticed the metric units). Is this essentially the same as the US version? Better? Worse?

The only Volvo I've had was a 1981 240 wagon, which was great, but the rust ruined it. So, I had a mostly fantastic experience with and am hoping the V70 series is just as great.

Thanks for the info,
Marybeth

P.S.-oops i forgot to add that it has low mileage-right around 66k, which seems like a big plus.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
The 98 had minor problems compaired to the 99 and 2000 models.The canadian cars were pretty much the same with the exception of the measurements.That is a very big plus the low milage.In my opinion the 98 was the best year of the S/V70 it still had a throttle cable and was more reliable the the 99 and up cars.

I think you will be very happy with the car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info!

I ended up buying the car and I just picked it up. I'ts amazing. Perfect condition-drives and shifts very smoothly. Certainly the nicest car I've ever driven.

Just one more question-what's the difference between the V70 standard and GT models?
Anything?

Thanks,
MB

1 - 4 of 4 Posts