Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys 'n' Gals,
Just received our 940 estate that is replacing the old 740 estate. The old girl had done 215,000 miles and was showing signs of her age. The 940 has 1 or 2 minor faults, mainly cosmetic so I was just looking on the net for some info. Your forum looks very interesting and should prove informative. So we have a 1991 740 GL estate, a 1996 940 2.3 LPT and my pride and joy is my 1996 855 T-5R!
Looking forward to posting.

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Welcome, Matt.

Please contribute your thoughts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(Black Beauty T4 @ Oct 1 2005, 10:00 AM)
from a fellow Limey (lifelong Chelsea fan!).

[snapback]16043[/snapback]​

I know "life long Chelsea fan, have been for thirty years" Why do Chelsea fans feel compelled to insist they have been fans all their life..........a little embarrassed about the bandwagon jumpers maybe. Thanks for the welcome, nice to know we have some Brits aboard.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Yup, fed up being accused of bandwagon leaping.

Dad & his 8 brothers were born in Battersea, all avid Chelsea supporters through thick & thin. Any of their offspring (or grandchildren) not saying "Chelsea" as their first word would have been drowned at birth

Ticket prices are very high, but reckon I will get to 8 of their home games this season & maybe 2 away. I was there for our glorious first home game this season - now who did we beat again.....? I don't accept that it's all over already, very long way to go, players will get tired or injured & shocks will happen. We've started well though & I'm loving it.

Plenty of Brits on the forum but part of the fun is hearing from fellow Volvoers from around the globe as well, they bring some great experience & knowledge with them.

Chat to you again soon!

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
In a way, I pity you guys who have to pick (or endowed with) ONE team only.

Out on the international waters, some of us, are Chelsea and Arsenal lovers all in one.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Hi ampangbear! Understand where you are coming from, I used to watch a bit of American Football years ago & followed New England Patriots & Miami Dolphins at the same time. BUT...... Chelsea & Arsenal together (or Tottenham for that matter!) - they're like oil & water, they don't mix.

I do like to see certain other teams do well, like Crystal Palace & also Gillingham, but generally speaking they tend to be in different leagues/divisions so there is no conflict of loyalty.

Off to see Chelsea vs Charlton on 26th then hopefully Chelsea vs Newcastle on 19/11 as a birthday treat. Come on you Blues! Off topic I know, so I'll shut up now. At least we all have Volvos in common!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey!! It's my welcome post and if you wanna talk footie thats ok by me. 'Course you understand being a Brit, I am an Arsenal fan and only Arsenal. It has always been that way and always will, there is no possibility of change. You can change your car, your house, your job even your wife but never your footie team. It is allowed to have a liking for other teams though, I have a soft spot for Norwich and Cambridge, mainly because I hate Ipswich with a real vengence.

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
OK, OK...

Cool, Cool!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts