Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Yes, there are offered online. There are many online stores, that have this. Just run a search on the internet, and you could find a few.

Only that, make sure the dealer knows how to treat Volvo seats, especially yours which have the SIPS airbag coming out from under the seam stitches, in the event of a collision.

If you put seat covers over this, the inflation of the SIPS Bag in the event of a collision, may not be properly guided and hence, may impede its original function of why it is there in the first place.

Also, some fabric stores may not be familiar of how the system works, and again MAY impede the unhindered function of the SIPS Bag, which is to save lives.

Just thought you should know.

Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts

On the other hand, a VOlvo dealer can do it the way it is supposed to, with warranties... but at a price
sometimes we think is close to CRAZY!

Sorry... i got a little emotional there.

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Sheepskin?

Waaah... Must be really comfy eh?

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
I got this from Kathi:-
My reply follows below.

===============================

Report:

I am looking for sheepskin covers to cover my front leather
seats that are worn. Where did you locate sheepskin seatcovers that
will not impede the side impact system?

------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately, i do not know where Kathi resides. I would however suggest going through the list online and see where it leads. And another, I do not think mine was of sheeps' hide.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does anyone have links to recommended sites for purchasing replacement leather seat covers? My front seats have cracks and holes in the bottom covers despite good care since I bought the car (regular cleaning & conditioning).

The leather seems to be a real weak spot on these cars (comparing them to other makes/model cars of similar age, use, and mileage).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts