Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the '05 S60 2.5T AWD (USA) models, are the seats all leather or a combination of leather and "leatherette?" There seems to be a difference on the smoothness of the leather between the center, where your body touches the seating surface and the sides & back. Or could it just be different grades of leather used. Same question for the trim on the doors.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
My brochure doesnt specify, just says "leather upholsteries". It does say the door panels are the same material as the seats

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

I thought I saw "leather seating surfaces" somewhere, either in a brochure or a description online. I was examining the cut edge of the "leather" which was folded over to make the pocket on the back of the seat. It appeared there was a cloth mesh backing to the "leather" which made me think it was "leatherette," however, there wasn't enough material exposed along the edge to make a definitive decision. It's possible just the pockets are "leatherette" which sure feels like the same material on the sides of the seats and on the doors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts