Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I have brought my car in (3) times to the dealership because of this problem. First time they said it was the cd's in the back of my car... yeah, right! I took it back again and they found the the Sway Bar Link was making a popping sound on the front right side so they replaced that. No noise for about 5 days and then it came back but now it's from the rear (right side). I have to bring it in again! but I am getting frustrated and thinking of trading my XC 90 for another car (Lexus or Acura MDX). My car is not even a yr old (bought it in Dec '04). Anybody has the same problem?

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
I would take it back and tell them it isn't fixed.

Make sure you drive it with the shop foreman or the service manager this way they know the noise you are talking about.

·
Registered
12 Posts
We bought an 04 XC90 last month off a two year lease (27,000km), and had the same problem. When we took it to the dealer, the tech said the right rear shock was gone, and replaced it under warranty. This fixed the noise for the most part (noise about %90 gone), but you could still hear and feel a clunk under certain conditions.

Back to the dealer, and this time the service manager went for a ride with me so I could reproduce the sound for him. After the drive he said he would install two new sway bar links in the rear. This seems to have solved the problem for us, and all is quiet.....

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
QUOTE(flyboy320 @ Aug 18 2005, 06:13 PM)We bought an 04 XC90 last month off a two year lease (27,000km), and had the same problem. When we took it to the dealer, the tech said the right rear shock was gone, and replaced it under warranty. This fixed the noise for the most part (noise about %90 gone), but you could still hear and feel a clunk under certain conditions.

Back to the dealer, and this time the service manager went for a ride with me so I could reproduce the sound for him. After the drive he said he would install two new sway bar links in the rear. This seems to have solved the problem for us, and all is quiet.....
[snapback]13778[/snapback]​

I would also say the sway bar links.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts