Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a remote programmed that I bought off of ebay. They charged me over $91.00!!!!! Is this par for programming? That just seems really high to me. They charged me 46.00 for software and 45.00 for 30-min labor (they said that is how long it takes to download). Please let me know if this is a fair price or not because they will call me this week and ask me to tell them what an excellent job they did...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jeez...well it's worth it. The remote works well. I bought it on ebay for about $25 and recommend this to anyone else whose remote is lost. Does anyone know if you can program the keyless system to blink the lights when the car is unlocked?

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
QUOTE(sean0825 @ Sep 29 2005, 09:29 AM)Does anyone know if you can program the keyless system to blink the lights when the car is unlocked?
[snapback]15947[/snapback]​

For what it's worth, i costed me 5 bucks (a bottle of beer) to have the wire-technician do this, the last time i did it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a 1999 S-70. I've never seen mine blink the lights when I unlock it-It blinks the lights when I lock it, though. I think that's probably normal. kevino

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sean, That price is normal... I broke down and paid it... BEST THING I EVER DID! I can't imagine how I ever lived without keyless entry! lol.

But, I feel your pain... the price does seem a little high... maybe your shop should give the dial up modem the BOOT and get ADSL, might save them and you some money! lol!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts