Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped my 460 and tried to lock with key fob but would not work,also would not open to disable immobiliser so car was not drivable Odd thing is, it is the second time this happened when parked in this same spot,but first time it responded to the spare key fob when brought from home,thought at first it could have been a nearby radio transmitter,which is known to cause such a problem.

Towed home ! tested both key fobs as Ok and tried a re-set but no luck!
Told the electronics are in a unit behind dash just above fuses,but seems to be pop riveted in behind plastic plugs.So bit wary of drilling out to fit a replacement
in case I cause damage.
Anyone know of any common problems here? The car had a funny history from a year old when the alarm failed and the main dealer told me that the only way they could cure it was to fit control module for a S40 I think or some other model?,this took three weeks to diagnose/repair so don't fancy going back to them again!!

Doide

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Found answer to my problem!
This may help others with same or other models
If key fob keyless entry fails to work,remove batteries and then press both buttons 5 times,then re-fit batteries,and it then works!!!
Volvo mechanic tells me this is quite a common problem,which he learnt of on a Volvo alarm course. It took him less than a minute show me how
to do this as well!!

Diode

· Registered
34 Posts
QUOTE(diode @ Mar 29 2005, 11:55 AM)Found answer to my problem!
This may help others with same or other models
If key fob keyless entry fails to work,remove batteries and then press both buttons 5 times,then re-fit batteries,and it then works!!!
Volvo mechanic tells me this is quite a common problem,which he learnt of on a Volvo alarm course. It took him less than a minute show me how
to do this as well!!

Diode
[snapback]5876[/snapback]​

I have a silly question... how does one get the key fob open? My manual says to put a coin in and twist but I have no coins narrow enough to fit the gap?

EDITED TO ADD: It's ok I risked a couple of fingernails on it and heaved :)

· Registered
34 Posts
OMG OMG OMG
It worked it worked.

Thank you so much volvo forum and diode in particular. I just spent all our family savings on a 10 year old 440 and the next morning it was totally dead.

Have had the AA out, have had the remote into the autospark for new batteries, tomorrow I was going to give up and phone the volvo dealership around the corner.

Then I came across this and it worked. I am so happy I could scream and shout with joy.

Big big thanks - was scared how I would explain buying such a dog to my hubby!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.