Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
hello forum, 02 V60 AWD, lately the key switch will not move into the start position. It seems to be blocked by something mechanical. It will move into the 1st and 2nd position but is stopped from moving into the 3rd or start position. I bang the wheel, turn it hard back and forth, pull the key in and out and after much fussing and some cussing it will release and start. The last time it did it the message center said, IMOBILIZER,CK MANUAL. manual said something about key codes matching. I need to get this fixed before I'm afoot. any help out there?thanks larry

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Sounds like the ignition lock cylinder assy. is bad.The message will come on if you try to start the car to fast.If it started I wouldn't wory to much about that part.The lock assy. will have to be replaced.It will take about 5 days to get in once ordered with the same key for your car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Tech @ Nov 29 2004, 06:02 PM)Sounds like the ignition lock cylinder assy. is bad.The message will come on if you try to start the car to fast.If it started I wouldn't wory to much about that part.The lock assy. will have to be replaced.It will take about 5 days to get in once ordered with the same key for your car.
[snapback]1380[/snapback]​

1 - 5 of 5 Posts