Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife doesn't like the switchblade remote/key combo that comes with the XC70. The key ring cuts through the plastic, it won't stay on her keychain and it gets lost in her purse.
Volvo customer service says a separate remote similar to the one that came with her old 850 is available, but can't give me a part number. Volvo dealer says he's not familiar with a separate remote.
Anybody else faced a similar problem? I believe Volvo has finally suceeded with their plot to sell keys for more than tires by equipping the 2004 with a key that can only be duplicated by a dealer and cannot be programmed using the car computer.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Does the remote have the swivel on it?If not get a good ball bearing fishing swivel and put it between the remote and the keys that will stop it from falling off.Volvo had a recall on the XC90'S for the same problem and that was the fix.Also the dealer doesn't know what they are talking about there is a remove avalible.They look like the S80 remotes.You should have gotten a spare key with out the remote as part of it when you bought the car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Let me just state for the record that I have lost one key already within 60 days of ownership. The A$$Holes at the service shop informed me that I had too many keys on my keychain, to which I replied BS...I only put the remote in the car, I will post more on this later, but this is the stuff of poor engineering, as the latch is near the keyring which is actaully what knocks the key off the metal piece.

It's a moron design, not apparent to me until I became the moron that lost the key and cost myself $60.

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts

1 - 4 of 4 Posts