Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello-

Just purchased a V50 t5 and am wondering if anybody has encountered a couple of issues:

1. Engine vibration at 1950-2000 rpm, as you rev up motor slowly (parked) from idle to about 2000 rpm the whole car shakes, seems as if there is a balance issue in the motor? Anybody experience this?

2. Poor Radio reception? On the freeways with no major reception obstructions , going under an overpass can lead to temporary loss of signal.

3. Soft clutch pedal feel, as I depress the clutch the pedal gets soft, too soft, sometimes I have stalled the car on uphills?

Thanks for any feedback you might have, we really like the car, and it looks good too. I can't wait for IPD to make some springs, so I can lower it a little further.

JACE

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have had my V50 T5 for about 1100km. I have not had any problems with the radio. The clutch pedal feels fine, and I would say grabs pretty good. I have noticed "SLIGHT" vibration at low RPMs while in neutral, but I don't think its anything serious. Every car has a harmonic vibration at some point the the RPM. This could be the Volvo's. I'd say don't worry about it. Better yet, wait until the car is broken in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same vibration, I also think the fly-by-wire pedal is fly-by-night. The calibration is way too OKEEDOKE, in that it's calibrated for slow response rather than snappy throttle response.

Oh did I mention i hate the friggin key too. Lost one, workin on losing the second.

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
QUOTE(spdiesel @ Aug 25 2005, 08:00 AM)Oh did I mention i hate the friggin key too. Lost one, workin on losing the second.
[snapback]14078[/snapback]​

I thought that feature is like quite cool.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts