5,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this forum helpful?
Yes it is helpful2492.31%
No27.69%

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
Hi there Tech. I can't believe that only four of us have actually answered this question. I thought apathy existed in New Zealand only. Although I wonder if everybody knows to actually check through these points when they visit this site.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I mean I'm coming from a Ford Fcous forum where you can ask anything an they have the answer for you. Here there's just a bunch of questions being shot around and only "Tech" trying to answer them. I guess it's different when you go from a car where the average age of the owner will be like 27 to a car where the average owner's age will be like 45. There's not as much enthusiasm into making your car original. Most Volvo owners just drive the car to get around!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I personally have found it very useful. I have hit the point where I am tired of my car breaking down and I want to know why. Most all of the problems I have encountered have been discussed here. I agree that TECH shouldering much of the answer burden, but I have been impressed with the answers TECH has given.

I love my s70, but.... it is now out of warranty and getting very very expensive. I need to start fixing it myself and these forums will be a great resource for me.

·
Registered
30 Posts
This forum is very helpful. I've been fortunate that my 2001 Volvo S80 has not experienced any problems. I browse these forums to learn as much as possible about these cars so that I can be proactive in solving problems when/if the arise.

Eli

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Sorry that it took ages for me to discover this page!

My replies would have came in sooner, if I had more time to 'adventure' out of the 850 Forum.

BTW, I have learnt a great deal, as well from this forum. Because of car specs and all, I also visited a site nearer and about situations at home - www.vocm.com.my (Volvo Owners' Cub Malaysia - VOCM).

I do also agree that Tech seems to have to shoulder a lot of the burden. Pity him, but what to do? When I am as good, I will help. So far, I also tried to contribute as much as I can, so that Tech can 'focus' on parts that only he seems to know and understand fully.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Never found this page till now.
"Spot on" but with all the the volvos on the roads why only one Tech or is there?. If that is the case you must have nimble fingers and a lot of interest in the volvo badge?.
All i can say is thank you.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all for the compliments!
I try my best to help when I can.
I do wish I had a little more help on this forum.
I don't think most of the Volvo techs like to share their Info with the rest of the world.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
I like this site alot. I had a modified Eclipse before my Volvo, and I found this site looking for companies with performance Volvo parts. I never got into Eclise forums, but when I found this site, I thought there would be more performance/tuner interest. But the info I have found here has been very helpful.

And I agree, thank God for Tech!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
New to Volvos but I have found a lot of information in Volvo-Forums and folks are really helpful.
Having a Tech around is extremely important to the value of these foums in getting accurate imformation on topics to members, imo.

·
Registered
259 Posts

Certainly helpfull to me, although have been a Volvo owner only 4 months....
Especially answers that are returned by several of the members who actually are employed by Volvo as mechanics....Much Appreciated...

·
Registered
143 Posts
Sorry I hadn't seen this topic before -- yes, it's a great forum. Thanks to all of you who have shared your knowledge and insights. I've learned a lot and no longer feel as clueless about repairs as I did before joining! Thanks again, all.

Ed

1 - 14 of 14 Posts