Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was interested if anyone has actually ordered/installed the iPod Adapter discussed in the news releases. The local dealer has a list of various cables and connectors but it's not clear what is needed.

Is the 2005 model XC70 connection in the center console or the glove box?

Is the connection visible or is it hidden behind panels?

I have a the basic radio package that comes with a new 2005 XC70. Is my radio compatibable or do I need additional electronic interfaces besides the cables?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've tried the FM method, but in large towns the interference from other FM devices and other noise sources couples onto the radio/device and in some cases makes the FM device un-useable. I have a direct connect in my pickup truck and on my BMW tour bike. The direct connect also provides recharging on trips while the unit is playing. I currently have a Belkin Auto Kit (F8V7058-APL) which plugs into 12v outlet and powers/recharges the iPod. The Belkin (F8v367-APL) TuneCast Mobile FM Transmitter plugs into the recharge unit and does the FM broadcast but is kind-of-so-so for output (in my opinion). It seems to be the best of what I've seen/tried/heard in the FM type of equipment.

The way I'm looking at it -- if it's not better than the CD quality, then I'll continue to use and burn my own CD mixes for music. When I'm groov'in on the music it better keep mov'in.

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
same here - I got the Belkin but was a waste of money, so I went direct at home, in car, and on quad bike

BTW MP3 will never be "as good as" CDs - a CD uses a full WAV file about 10 times the size of a MP3 - I am sure I could have heard the difference 40 years ago when I could hear up to 20k hz but now I would be lucky at 60 to hear above 4k so I am very happy with MP3 standard

try an A to B test on yr home stereo by flip from CD to IPod and you will hear the drop in clarity but still heaps better than old cassettes and wow a 90 db S/N ratio!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts