Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dash light will go off and on..stay off for a while then come back on...well, it isn't just the instrument cluster but all the dash lighting except the main radio screen.

The headlights aren't affected. Could it be the switch on the side of the instrument cluster that adjusted the brightness of these lights? Any suggestions or fixes.for this apparent short. Maybe a loose wire somewhere...but where?

I don't like driving at night with the instrument panel dark; it doesn't feel safe.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Yes could be the dash light dimmer switch.When it happens try to tap on the switch and see if it comes back on if it does the switch is bad.Also check your headlight switch they break and were under recall at one time.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I do tap the dimmer switch and it seems like it has worked sometimes. But I haven't been sure if it is coincidental since it doesn't always make any difference. They worked last night the whole time we were out...but not the night before. Odd.

The indy did think it could be the headlight switch. I hadn't heard of the recall...does that mean that they won't charge for the part to replace it? Or parts and labor.

Volvo was supposed to send a letter regarding the gas tank recall of which my VIN is part of...but I've not received it yet...that is since Oct.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Stop by your local dealer and see if they will run your VIN# and check for recalls for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts