Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day my '83 240 suddenly went dead as I was driving. I tried to restart it and the engine turned over and started(the engine was going faster than the starter)but when I released the key it immediately died, as if the igntion was turned off. All my dashboard lights still worked however. I've considered a faulty ignition switch. What do you think?

·
Registered
52 Posts
hi this is tom it sounds like u have a bad ing. swicth and the best way and easyest way to teplace it is to remove your gage cluster, u know the spedo, if u have a manul trans u will need to un scew the cabel from the spedo.make shure u right down all of the wires in the back so u can out them back later in order if u have a tach make shure the red and whit wire goes back on it if u put on enything eles it will fry the board. that wire comes off of your coil and has more voltage than 12 volts.ok now u will see the ing swicth un plug the wire harness and the swicth it self is held on my 2 small scews. not a hard progect to do i rate in a scale of 1 to 10 about a 4 good luck with it if have more questions fell free to ask TOM P.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts