Volvo Owners Forum banner

If I were the horn on an '94 850 turbo wagon...

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Cocka 
#1 ·
...where would I be located exactly?

#3 ·
Hehehe... Catchy title...

Mine is on the front, just at the back of the grille. Once you pop the hood, them you'll see them round 'boobs'. Ooops.

#5 ·
Of course, nowadays, they can be fixed at almost anywhere...

I've relocated the horns at least four to five times, and added relays to them to ensure the proper decibels of noise they make...

I want them to count whenever I need to press them....

#7 ·
Oh YEAH, man...

Your neighbors would probably think an aircraft is doing an emergency landing or something... Careful though, use them only when necessary. If not, you'll taper the surprise effect off...

(Kids on their small bikes and trikes would probably cry, though...)

#10 ·
QUOTE(neverender @ Aug 5 2006, 03:38 AM)is the relocation of the horns difficult? what would i be looking at if i were to undertake this project. i hear that the air flow is much better after you get them off of the radiator
[snapback]38052[/snapback]​

If it is good enough for Volvo to put them there from the air flow point of view then i wouldnt worry about that one too much. Since its only a case of extending the wires to the new location and finding a suitable mount point it souldnt be too difficult. May have to fabricate a new mount bracket. Be aware if you move them back into the engine compartment their effectivness may be seiously reduced.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.