Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has ne one heard talk some trash about Volvo cars especially the 200 and 700 series? i hate it when they are like "ur car is sooo old, why dont u get a new one", "im suprised its still running because ur volvo still runs"," what that pos car u think thats cool"....etc... most retarded.... pAce

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
QUOTE(Crunk84Volvo @ Apr 10 2005, 04:43 PM)has ne one heard talk some trash about Volvo cars especially the 200 and 700 series? i hate it when they are like "ur car is sooo old, why dont u get a new one", "im suprised its still running because ur volvo still runs"," what that pos car u think thats cool"....etc... most retarded.... pAce
[snapback]6549[/snapback]​

I agree 100%
99.9% chance it will out last their car!!!
If you ever see anyone that says anything like that to you broke down.Just wave as you go by.

·
Registered
162 Posts
1987 745 Turbo with a M46. Just passed 321,000 miles and it should have no problem seeing 400,000. I would even put money on seeing 500,000 miles if I don't get tired of it. Lets see 18 years old and I still like it. Paint still nice and shiny, no rust or dents. Funny how everyone that is on their 3rd or 4th car keeps asking when I am ever going to get another car. I did, a 1997 960 with 66K miles.
Between the both of them I should be good for another 20 years or so.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
QUOTE(ALS @ Apr 11 2005, 12:38 PM)1987 745 Turbo with a M46. Just passed 321,000 miles and it should have no problem seeing 400,000. I would even put money on seeing 500,000 miles if I don't get tired of it. Lets see 18 years old and I still like it. Paint still nice and shiny, no rust or dents. Funny how everyone that is on their 3rd or 4th car keeps asking when I am ever going to get another car. I did, a 1997 960 with 66K miles.
Between the both of them I should be good for another 20 years or so.

[snapback]6594[/snapback]​

AGREED

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think that every single volvo car is awesome, quite frankly, they are one of my favorite European Automobiles ever. I just hate hearing people say stuff that they cant back up. i would always have to go over to them and either 1. throw a roundhouse to their head. or 2. just talk to them and see if they know a lot about volvo. Such as i asked this moronic kid if he knew where volvo was made and he said united states. im like u are a dimwit...stuff like that but neways i dont really care nemore because when u say somethin u gotta have somethin to back it up. Volvo Power. pAce

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Hi crunk!

THAT's the way to do it. Forget what they say. It's just you and your 'buddy', dude.

Take it easy.

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Judging from what I see, you have a nice 244 one yourself. And a real HARD-CORE, aren't you?

Being old is not a issue, dude. Being RELIABLE is.

Peace, dude.

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok this is really tickin me off i told a friend and said dude im gettin my tran fixed...he should be like cool or somethin and then he goes on says why dont u get a new car? im like a volvo isnt a car to give away...not one in my cond flawless paint straight body no rust engine runs like a dream just had a new tran put in...its an 1984 Volvo 240 DL. amazing car and not too many people drive one in good of cond where i live so i love it. then he asked me how many miles are on my car and i said 144K and i said these cars run forever if they are treated nice and he goes on and says any car will run forever if its treated well. im like nooo not true at all and he doesnt believe me. i say volvo's are built for longevity and reliability. other cars may go to up a max of 200K and may break down because their engines are built to last that long. then we go on to the topic of saftey. he says get a new car u can get a decent one for 3-4K. im like why my car is in good shape for an 84. then i told him two stories. my mom was driving the car and was coming on to the highway from a ramp and gets rear ended by a chevy or a taurus or somethn i dont remember. the chevy/taurus's whole front end was totaled beyond belief. as for my mom's volvo? nothing but a scratch on the bumper. and he goes and talks about the front is suppopsed to absorb impact and im like true but i was trying to prove the point that volvo's are a safer than most eceonmy cars out there today. cause i said that the volvo's body is much more sturdier than a honda or ford or somethin else....he said that doesnt mean its safer and i said volvo 240 has a unibody contruction he said thats old technology and says that the more tech adavacned cars are better and safer and i go yeah if u got the money to fix all the dang tech things on the car that goes wrong on a new "safer" car. im just trying to porve the pioint that the classic (notice how i say that instead of old) volvo's are still good and are damn good cars. i hate 16 year old kids that think they know a crap load about cars. haha im 16 btw also.

·
Registered
6 Posts
"hahaha straight up tech i mean it just makes me really mad when people who think that they no everything about cars say that volvo suck i say no ur car sucks VOLVO FOREVER! haha pAce"

Don't you mean "Volvo for Life"? Ha, ha, ha...

I love my Volvo too!

Best,

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
I agree I love my Mustang BUT!! If I could afford a 740 Turbo I would buy one in a heartbeat.
I already own my mustang and have 3 kids and one due in the next couple of weeks so money is very tight!!!

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Hey, Tech!

"one due in the next couple of weeks"..??? Hey, CONGRATULATIONS, MAN!!!

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
haha awesome tech congraulations! educate him about volvos man lol jk but congratulations

hey paul dude next time that girl says the 240 is butt ugly say the only thing tahts butt ugly around hurr is YO FACE!! now if she was hot just say it neways and throw something at her car and run like heck HEEEH?!?!?!?! then turn up ur kickin soundsystem to CRUNK MUSIC and then thatll surely blow her away.. thats right man 240 pride lol still keepin the 240 man im just gettin a 850 turbo R lol pAce dude

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.