Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help with HU 613 (2004 V70 AWD).

The factory setting for radio freq skips....ie the radio only goes 100.1, 100.3 etc..

I want to be able to select 100.2 or 100.4. I know how to select the hidden codes in the radio and note that if I select "AUS" (Austria? Australia?) that the radio will then allow me to select the freqs I want. I "save" the setting but when I turn the car off and back on, it reverts to the US setting and its too much of a PITA to redo it every time I start the car. Any ideas? TIA

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
In other words it isn't keeping the memory?

There should be 2 buttons for changing the station.One searches and the other should be manual.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the exact same problem.

I can switch to AU mode by using the hidden menu. Then everything works great, until I turn off the ignition. When turning the car back on, the radio reverts itself back to US mode and all memorized channels are gone...

My best guess is, that the car's main computer somehow switches the radio back to US mode at startup... If this could be prevented somehow, the problem could be solved. Any idea on how to do this?

Another possibility that the radio inside might have some DIP swithes? Maybe it is switched to US mode, and at power-on it reads out the state of a DIP switch and detects that it is a US version. Would be nice to know how can this switch (if exists at all) be switched to AU mode permanently...

If anyone figures out a solution, please post it here! Thanks!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
To get permanent setting for feq seach you must go to Local Volvo dealer and ask service to program radio with AU mode.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Please, write how to select hidden menus on this radio. I have exact problem, but i don't know how select hidden menu. Thank you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello, Do a search on Google using the words VOLVO HU-613 CODES and you will find lost of information on this topic including the fix to your question.

Regards
Steve

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes, thank you.I read this info, but this button combination don't work at my car. May be that bag by my car was 2000 made year, but 2001 model year?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts