Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know how to unplug the mass airflow sensor attached to the air cleaner? I am really afraid to break out this connector. Do I have to push or pull the button in the sensor connector? Does anybody remove this sensor before? I need to send out my ABS module to Vic. He can rebuild it better than OEM at $155. http://home.earthlink.net/~vicrocha/Volvo_...lvo_V70_ABS.htm
Thanks in advance.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Which one are you trying to remove the ABS module or the mass flow sensor?Which plug does your mass flow sensor have all plastic or plastic with a metal clip?You should have to push down on which ever one you have.To remove the ABS module you will need an inverted torxes socket to remove the screws holding the ABS module in.Some say you can use a regular socket but the screw usually gets stripped and then you are up a creek without a paddle.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks again, Tech. I tried to disconnect the mass airflow sensor first, and then remove the upper and bottom air cleaner units to easily access the ABS module. My mass airflow sensor is all plaster with a little button like plug. So, I should push down this button while pulling out the connector. Am I right? Thanks again.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Yes push down on the tab and pull on the plug to remove.Also if you look closely at the bottom of the tab where it meets the mass flow sensor you should see where it locks.If you see it you can also lift from that side and remove the plug.

Good luck

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tech, I pressed down the tab until I heard a little clicking sound. Then, I can easily pulled out the mass airflow sensor connector. Thanks again.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tech,
I tried to disconnect the MAF sensor from inlet airflow hose. But, I can't take the MAF and upper air clean unit from the inlet hose even after completely loosing the clamp. Do you have any tips to easily disconnect the MAF and inlet airflow hose? Thank in advance.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
It is kind of hard due to both being plastic.See if you can get the upper air filter cover out of the bottom section then try to bent and see is it will come apart.I always stick a big screwdriver between the hose and the filter assy. and push apart.The warmer the hose the better.You can take a hair dryer and heat it up some and it will make it a lillte easier.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts