Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

I recently bought a V50 T5 Geartronic and am wondering what the price would be in different countries - the more replies the better please.

In South Africa they now come with 5 years - 100 000 km's free service and the new price is R285 000 ( $46 400 / Euro 34 600) for the T5 Geartronic Metallic paint and sunroof add a further R10 000 ( $1611.37 / Euro 1241.23 ).

The S40 just won the car of the year here too.

How much are they in your countries and do they come with a similar/better/worse service plan? Would metallic paint and sunroof cost that much extra in your countries as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there,

Having just been to the volvo dealer here in Italy I would have to say that you prricing is very good. the standard 2.0 Diesel Momentum (Mid-range) is EUR 30.330 and the Summum which I assume is the T5 is EUR 34.450. This is the base price without any options. Please note that the surcharge for Automatic is EUR 1.720.

Hope this gives you one response.

Kind regards,

Balbo

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks - hopefully more will reply from Other countries - But T5 is the Turbo version and Geartronic is the Automatic version. It is the Petrol version - Not diesel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I paid for my V50 T5 AWD 6 Spd manual with Premium+ Cold Wheather+ Convinience Pkgs out the door $31.000.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WOW !!! - that is cheap compared to our prices
. Any idea where your car was manufactured? Mine must have been imported from ?Sweden? (I'm not really sure)
as they are intending to manufacture the cars in our country sometime this year. I doubt the prices will come down even then - that's the price you pay for being at the arse end of Africa. We also don't get the AWD here - what a pity.

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
Hi there. I don't know where all your prices leave us-but in New Zealand the S80 is NZ$85,000.00 without on-the-road costs (about NZ$700.00).

We normally only have the delux models-some with sunroofs and metallic paint.

At the moment-we are in model Run-out mode so I am not sure which models are being replaced or what the prices are.

Service packs are extra's and I am not sure what is involved or what they cost. The only thing I do know with any certainty is that they are not cheap!!

I don't know if the above helps or confuses more

Cheers

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Howzit Sheep lover
(Sorry could not resist being a South African)

Please could you convert your New Zealand currency into US $ Dollars and Euros' so that the rest of this forum can compare in real terms? Would you also know how much a V50 would cost - not an S80 ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Students,

Got my S40T5 AWD with Premium, heated seats, geartronic and metalic paint for $28,000 out the door through diplomatic/military sales.

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
Good morning South Africa and Australia. Now, before we get any further-just to let you know, we admire you lot in the colonies. With our tuition, your sports performances have improved dramatically. We are very proud of your improvements. As Aristotle said: the greatness of any teacher is never found in himself. It is found in his pupils. I agree with Aristotle!!

As for sheep shagging-I will thank you kindly not to mention your frustrated fetishes on the Internet-otherwise everybody else will want a turn. We haven't got that many sheep.

Worse still, your Governments could make it compulsory-our's will tax it. I never want the job of collecting the taxes on it.

V50 T5 costs US$51,000.00. Sunroofs are not imported into New Zealand. If ordered, delivery is about six months-cost US$1750.00

See you at the Olympics or Commonwealth Games

·
Registered
2 Posts
A new Volvo 2.5 T5 220 bhp geartronic will cost almost 85 000 USD in Norway... That is the version WITHOUT ANY additional equipment, just the standard car. Sunroof is an extra 1500 USD.

For comparison:

Volvo S60 2.4S 140 bhp, 60 438 USD

Volvo S60R AWD 300 bhp, 128 284 USD

All models in the examples are standard 2005, no additional equipment. If you want automatic gear it costs around 3061 USD extra on all cars ranging from the S40 to the XC90.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Dreier

Are you talking about the V50? - That car is usually close in price to the S60 - not 40% higher.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Auckland

You might just have got lucky (yes lucky)
in the Tri-nations last Saturday - but that doesn't mean that Australia won't win this Saturday...

Either way It certainly looks like the cheapest seems to be: "$28,000 out the door through diplomatic/military sales" in Germany and the most expensive seems to be: "...almost 85 000 USD in Norway..." - But that does look wrong. Maybe soemoen else from there can clarify if Dreier doesn't.

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
The Australians finished in second place-obviously following your example.

Like they lost just like you did!!

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
If anyone is still interested, it costs around USD 70,000 for a V50T5 here.

Thanks...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello from Sydney, Aus.
New to this site, new to the prospect of purchasing a Volvo.
Soon to be buying a new car, and wanted something with Euro style and quality, have decided that I quite like the V50, and the missus likes it too. So that's that decided. Probably be close to 6 months, maybe more, before buying, as we have to finish building house first.
I will be going with the T5, no question. It has the Geartronic standard, and the 6MT as a No Cost Option. I will be having the 6MT, thanks!
The only non-standard items I'll order will be the sunroof, integrated booster seats, possibly the heated seats, and maybe the rain sensing wipers.
Stuff like the Bi-Xenon headlights are all standard equipment here.
List price for the V50 T5 here in Aus is $AUD63,000 ($US46,200/Euro39,100)

It also appears that we are not offered the AWD version.

I guess that just leaves me scope for a project later, after the warranty is out...
On that note, I have questions to ask, but I'll post in the appropriate forum..

·
Registered
2 Posts
List price here in the Netherlands is €38.610 (~USD46.000) for a V50 T5 FWD. For that you get a base model called Kinetic here, with ACC, DTSC, AQS, 16" alloys and a few other minor stuff. We ordered ours with the Premium Sound, foldable mirrors and a basic navigation. Delivery in end January. Can't wait

1 - 20 of 22 Posts