Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hullo all, I purchased my XC90 D5 SE in November of last year and have enjoyed it immensley. My first Volvo, in may years of car ownership, also seems to have arrived at a time when I'm doing less mileage than at any point in the past. Since November I have covered only 10,000 miles. I'll put another couple of thousand on it when I go down to the Rhone Valley in France next week so that it'll be ready for its first service when I get back. To date I have experienced no faults, have heard that tyre wear can be a problem, so am keeping an eye on it. Local dealer in Leicester, Sturgess, were good at the purchase end and I feel confident at this point in time about ongoing service.

I am also a lifelong motorcyclist running a Honda Blackbird. Volvo drivers have a reputation when it comes to motorcyclists (at least here in the UK) so I'll have to be careful I don't bacome a stastic...from the other side !

If anyone has any information about the XC that should be known about I'd be pleased to hear from them.

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
QUOTE(Tony Smith @ Jul 9 2005, 07:15 PM)
I am also a lifelong motorcyclist running a Honda Blackbird. Volvo drivers have a reputation when it comes to motorcyclists (at least here in the UK) so I'll have to be careful I don't bacome a stastic...from the other side !

If anyone has any information about the XC that should be known about I'd be pleased to hear from them.

[snapback]11130[/snapback]​

well do as I do with my quad bike [see my "aviator"] and put The Doctor on the back - they will think you are Valentino Rossi and give a wide bearth

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many years ago I did race a Norton Commando in club events, however it seems clear that although I was enthusiastic, enjoyed my racing and maybe on good days exhibited a little talent it was not in the same league as Mr Rossi's prodigious gift. Hail the Doctor ! probably the finest motorcycle racer of all time, and I'm a huge fan of Mike the Bike !

Nice to hear from you 'Doctor' and thanks for the welcome

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
no problemo - enjoy the Volvo and have a nice Rhone trip - just love that part of FrogLand, espec Tain Hermitage - have a glass or 2 for me and be careful of the "peddlies" in the Tour de France as they will be in that region I think in a few days

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your a well travelled man, its a lot further to the Rhone valley for you than it is for me. I'm looking at about 700 miles each way, plus a trip to Lake Geneva is about another 75 each way. Mont Blanc is 100 miles from where were staying. These distances are drops in the ocean for a man from Cairns. I may have a glass or two whilst i'm there, and of course it would be a pleasure to dedicate one to you. Since an experience with the Tour some years ago I have always attempted to avoid them, travelling in the region they are in can be a slow business, but it sounds like you already know this..

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
QUOTE(Tony Smith @ Jul 9 2005, 05:15 PM)Hullo all, I purchased my XC90 D5 SE in November of last year and have enjoyed it immensley. My first Volvo, in may years of car ownership, also seems to have arrived at a time when I'm doing less mileage than at any point in the past. Since November I have covered only 10,000 miles. I'll put another couple of thousand on it when I go down to the Rhone Valley in France next week so that it'll be ready for its first service when I get back. To date I have experienced no faults, have heard that tyre wear can be a problem, so am keeping an eye on it. Local dealer in Leicester, Sturgess, were good at the purchase end and I feel confident at this point in time about ongoing service.

[snapback]11130[/snapback]​

Welcome to the forum, Tony!

You could get more infor on the XC90 in the XC90 Section.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts