Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1996 440 1.8LE and the driver's side rear light housing is taking in water. I suspect that the rubber seal needs replacing, but I can't get the housing off! I have removed all 4 nuts inside the boot, but it still won't come off. Am I missing something? I'm starting to think some idiot has glued the damn thing on....

·
Registered
7 Posts
ah see u have the same problem as me. had a leaking light turned out to be a cracked lens had to take it off to replace it me an my neighbour managed to get it off its just a matter of pushing and pulling at the cover and it will eventually loosen up to free it. sounds like the rubber seals have gone its actually like putty they use for the lights not impressed like anyway hope u manage to get it off just persevere m8 if ur still stuck gimmie a shout at the weekend i might be in glasgow at my mum's i could maybe give u a hand.

cheers

Graham

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Graham! I didn't really pull too hard on the damn thing lol. I was afraid of breaking the cover...... I see what you mean about the seal being made of a putty-like substance (unbelievable!). I'll give it another go and see what happens. Thanks again m8.

Craig.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts