Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi every one,

Just a quick question, The horn doesn't work on my 97 S40 and the fuse for it is located under the bonnet so i had a quick look, its a rather ominous looking little black box with catches on it.
Is it just a case releasing the small but delicate looking catches and yanking it out? and are they a specific volvo fuse?
many thanks

Technoi

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
If it is what in thinking it should have 3 fuses in it.If that is it yes remove the block then replace the fuse.Have you checked the fuse with a test light yet?If not I would check that first before going through all the trouble to get the fuse out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Tech,
Thanks for the reply, I checked the fuse for the horn after realising that the diagram and the actual fuse box were at different angles, so in effect I was reading the box incorrectly duh! Anyway fuses are all good. Do you have any ideas on what to get checked i.e. is it the horn switch on the wheel or the horn itself maybe?
Thanks

Technoi

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Do you happen to know if the air bag screws in or is held in with clips?Some times if it is screwed in the screws will loose connection.If it is screwed in it should be a Torxes 30.Loosen both screws and then tighten the R/S first then the left and see if it works.If not then check for power at the horn itself.If no power then disconnect the battery and let car sit for 10 min.Then remove the air bag and check the wiring in the steering wheel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts