Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Greetings, O People of Volvo-Forums Land!

While shopping for household items last Sunday, I was approached by a sales representative who claimed that the product could "Boost Power and Save Petrol" at the same time.

Could anyone verify if this is achievable, or are they just out to con a 'sucker' like me, of almost RM200...? Since I am all-out for savings (
) i was more than just intrigued...

Attached is the leaflet given to me.

I would appreciate anykind of response. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Something must be wrong with my typing abilities today - I keep on typing and deleting and typing the again, and then pressing the wrong buttons - arrgh!

Anyway, Tech.

The sales rep said that the products carry a SEVEN-year warranty. And the promotion price will be valid till the end of the year, or while stocks last.

Sounds good eh?

Since I am always a good potential candidate to be suckered, I thought of asking you guys first. (I know Tech has also admitted to this, as well.
)

So, would the additional arrangement upset or disturb the car's computer arrangements? Would it be advisable for me or not, to install the products...?

Thanks, guys...

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you could get these results: Why would the car manufacturers not use this technology and gain a competetive advantage? Economy and power are big selling points for cars.

Stromberg has a hotmail address, is that a confidence builder for you?

The items seem to be manufactured in South Africa, and, trust me, the Volvo and Mercedes carburettors were NEVER made there (embargo, apartheid).

Why is there no german website, if the Stromberg company is German?

It's a scam.
This will not help you if there is a problem with the plugs, the ignition leads, rotor, cap etc. If they are OK, you don't need this stuff.

Stromberg

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
I agree it sounds like a scam.If you really want to try something similiar.Then pick your self up a really good set of ignition cables that are bigger than stock.They will flow power easier.

I would have to see about 50 pages of results and a bunch of dyno tests to start believing it worked.

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guys,

I MUST agree on the Hotmail address thing. In fact, that WAS the ONLY thing that held me back from listening more. The sales guy was all ready to give me a full demo!

But then he further mentioned, "Got guarantee, Brother!", "Further 7 years some more!", "Or your money back!"... That's why I decided to spend some time going through their webpages.

Oh, btw, as you know, the local web address is www.stromberg.com.my But then again, under the FAQ => Compatibility => couldn't find Volvo.

And also, I didn't know about the South Africa thing. Hmmm... Sounds reasonable enough.

OK lah... Guess I'll just toss the idea into the bin!

Thanks, guys for your feedback!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts