Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Has anyone installed any HID high intensity discharge lighting systems to their S60 T5? I'm considering of installing the HID system but am afraid that it'll affect the electronics of the vehicle. Anybody with information kindly inform me on the above.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
If no one has swapped to HID, I would call a couple diff Volvo dealers, or a quality car stereo place that sells HID and see what they say. Wish I could help u more.

I can tell u there are warning signs above the headlights in my engine compartment warning of the high voltage from the xenons.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi S60R,

Thanks for your feedback. Greatly appreciate if there's any further info from the dealers you know. If not mistaken your vehicle is stock fitted with bi-zenon is it?
Am just worried that it'll probably give some misinterpreted info to the car ecu.

Awating for further info pertaining to the installation of HID.

Cheers..........

·
Registered
29 Posts
i know its a little late probably

but i have only just joined!!!!
i fitted a hid kit to my c70 (2001) and the only problem was hwere to fit the ballast and starters etc.

if you look at the pics in my garage there is one that shows how i finally made them fit.

as for the electrical side it worked like this

you connect the wire where the bulb normally goes into the the first part of the kit then the last part of the kit you plug the new light into!

very very simple indeed the only thing i needed to do was to drill a hosle in the back of the headlight cover (the screw on bit) to feed the wires in and out of and a grommet was supplied with the kit.

i paid £150 for it from ebay and very happy with them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts