Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There, finally got into the forum, work and family takes up quite a bit of time and its only now I get to post something. Well I do hope I can contribute and learn at the same time. I drive a 2004 S60 Volvo sedan and am quite happy with the performance. I do have some disappointment in the airconditioning department of the car since I live in the tropics. Compared to my Nissan Infiniti, my car has a hard time coping with the warm climate. I have had to fiddle around with the aircon controls and found that configuring it manually works best. When its on Auto, the car occupants will have to bring out fans to augment the airconditioning. Will bring this to the attention of the service shop in my next tune up. I will appreciate any comments or suggestions from other Volvo owners who also live in the tropics. You might have the same experience and found an appropriate solution., Cheers.

Joe F

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh I do, specially when I step on the gas and it hits 140 kph. The cops on the other hand did not like that so I got a ticket for it. But anyway on isolated roads I do run the car through its paces. Runs great but there are some downsides to the design. The small rear window for one. I may be wrong but it seems to have a lot of blind spots so when I change lanes or merge into the highway, really have to break my neck watching out for incoming traffic. The rear headrests do not help either, there are times I press the button on the dash to pull down the rear head restraints. Driving in my country defies all logic, you need the skills of an F1 driver to weave your way around. Great power to body weight ratio too. Was a bit surprised that it can jump off the blocks when you kick down the accelerator. Will have the front windshield also tinted. Being in the tropics, the sun really toasts the dashboard and gives the aircon a tough time. I could on certain really hot days cook an egg on the dash. Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts