Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a retired human resource professional who has owned three Volvos: a 1966 station wagon, a 1975 station wagon, and currently a 1972 4 door 164e sedan with about 325,000 miles. I took a 6000 mile road trip thru the southwest USA in the fall of 2003 and averaged 22 mpg in overdrive. I am currently trying to figure out wheter to keep it and invest some more money (have put about 3k in already) or sell it. I don't have a good place to work on it anymore and it needs work. Are there other 164 owners out there with ideas? Dave

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Welcome.The 164's are becoming hard to find and worth money.You should try to keep it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello,
I would most likely try to keep your 164. They are special cars and not so plentiful. I don't have one (I'm an 1800 guy) but would certainly entertain getting one if I found a nice example. They are easily maintained. Some folks are intimidated by the fuel injection but there is plenty of expertise around and the system is relatively simple. Next time you make a southwest trip post your route and maybe you can stop in for a cold drink. I'm in Tucson. Cheers!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts