Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help!!

I have a 2001 S60 Volvo 2.4T
The problem that I was having was leakage of coolant on the ground after a long trip. the level would be inbetween the full and add. I went to investigate where it was coming from, I pulled off the bottom cover so I could see any problem areas under the motor I didn't see any areas of great concern. I wanted to see what the spark plugs looked like so I removed the turbo hose and the cover that hides the plugs. I had a light amount of oil that looked like it was seeping from the oil filler neck so I cleaned it up with a rag and a light amount of degreaser. I pulled one spark plug and it looked ok so I put it back with some dielectric grease on the plug boot and never seize on the threads. I wanted to run the motor with the bottom cover off so I could look for coolant leakage when I went to start the motor it would run rough and not able to idle then die. I looked for a loose hose or wire couldn't find any.

Do you have any suggestion what I should look for?

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
First did you get the hose back on all the way?

Second for the coolant leak look at the bottom of the overflow bottle for cracks.They are known to crack and weap fluid.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got it to run by ideling it high and bringing it up to operating temp.
Realy weird.
I also found the coolant leak it's the heater core hose, doesn't look like fun to change. Do i have to expect this type of running condition when i change the plugs?
Rick

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
No it must have been something weird it didn't like or something like that.

I have never had that happen before.

Is it leaking by the heater core or the other end?

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
I think it might be better to get to it from underneath.

They are a major pain in the A** to get them off of the heater-core pipes.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looking at it from underneath the car. looks like if you pulled the turbo off it would make things a whole lot easier? I sure dont want to! And I did find a pipe that fell off the air cleaner to the throtle body, what a relief

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Ok good on finding the hose off.

Try removing the heat sheild and see if you can get to it from the top.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts