Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i need some help got a volvo s40 1.6 on a t reg and the speedo has stoped working now the rev counter was also not working i changed the clocks and the rev counter worked but still no speedo has anyone heared of this problem theres no cable as its electronic however i cant find a electronic drive anywhere on the box is the speedo worked off the ABS? can anyone help me???

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Tech @ May 6 2005, 05:38 PM)I believe the speedo works of signal from the transmission.
[snapback]7528[/snapback]​

there is no sensor on the gearbox at all only a reverse light switch

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
There is a sensor somewhere in the trans.It is called the transmission speed sensor.It might be some where on the back of it or something like that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have recently come across a similar problem. The dashboard gauges in my 2002 European S40 have developed a fault.

The rev counter reads zero, both fuel gauges(bi fuel) read empty and the speedo reads zero but sometimes sits constantly at 30mph. The clock still works & the backlight still works though. I checked all fuses and now have lost the radio as I don't know the code - suspect a visit to Volvo is on the cards. There are 2 fuseboxes, one under the hood and one just above the accelerator pedal (well hidden). Any further forward with your problem?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.