Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, which turbo comes out of a 94 volvo 850 turbo?
Im looking to buy a used turbo cheap. Anyone looking to sell one? If not can someone tell me the part number or what brand it is so i can find it. Was there a split in the turbos for a 13g and or 15g?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Here is a post from thread on another forum that may be of help:
(by the way. this place rebuilds your own turbo)
DallasTurbo

just got mine back yesterday. I'm so excited. Hopefully my engine will be back from the machine shop soon, then I can put it all together. Man, I can't wait.

anyhow, about the turbo. The guy's name is Mike, he did a great job. I sent it to him friday. he called me the following monday and told me want needed to be done and gave me a price. I said "okay". He did the rebuild, sent it back on tuesday, it was on my door step wednesday morning. cost was 225. I checked other places and they quoted 400-600 for the rebuild. You can't beat it, unless maybe you do it yourself.
I actually sent him 2 turbos, and he took the best parts from each along with the replacement parts and built my turbo. He painted it too, oiled it up good, and sealed it in a heavy plactic wrap of some kind.
Here's what he did:

"We replace all the bearings, seals, thrust pieces, collars, spacers, o-rings, piston rings, and retainers in the turbo. We hand polish the turbine wheel bearing journals and bearing housing surfaces. We balance the rotating assembly up to 3 times more accurately than the manufacturer. We also competition prep. it. This as a balancing procedure we do to allow for better spool up and longevity."

He warrants it for only six months though, because he says if it's gonna fail as a result of his rebuild, it will do so right away. Which makes since I guess. If he botched it up, it'll fail immediately. But still, to his credit, the other places i checked offered 1 year, which isn't that long either.

Edited to fix the link.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.