Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New user here, but longtime Volvo owner. Recently discovered an opening in my front bumper on the passenger side of my 2014 S60 T5, which I believe housed some sort of sensor. As you can see in the photo attached, the cover/trim piece has beeen shattered, and the space behind is empty except for a small tube, about 1/2" in diameter. Does anyone know the purpose of this?
Thanks.

Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Grille Motor vehicle

·
Super Moderator
1,882 Posts
is it threaded, there are usually points like this front and back to screw an eye bolt into if you need to be towed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, the interior of the tube is smooth. It looks to be some type of plastic or composite material - definitely not metal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Grendel1960, I was wrong. Taking a closer look, I saw that the interior of the tube is threaded at the far end, and is metal. Based on the suggestion from thepinb, I did some googleing and found this link:
Fitting and removing the towing eye | Towing and recovery | Starting and driving | S60 2019 | Volvo Support
There is also one on the rear bumper on the passanger side. Unfortunately it looks like there is sufficient damage around the front opening that it is probably not possible to replace the cover without replacing the bumper.
Thank you both for your iinput.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Grendel1960, I was wrong. Taking a closer look, I saw that the interior of the tube is threaded at the far end, and is metal. Based on the suggestion from thepinb, I did some googleing and found this link:
Fitting and removing the towing eye | Towing and recovery | Starting and driving | S60 2019 | Volvo Support
There is also one on the rear bumper on the passanger side. Unfortunately it looks like there is sufficient damage around the front opening that it is probably not possible to replace the cover without replacing the bumper.
Thank you both for your iinput.
hi great youve sussed it im hopefull for you that a replacement from a car reclamation yard of course and in white as i think Volvo will sting you will have sufficient perchase to stay in place judging by the way the original is steadfast in its position and given its condition i suspect the housing is sound, thanks for getting back good luck P.S heres a fleabay link Front Bumper Tow Hook Cover Cap 39820294 fits Volvo S60 V60 S60L 2014-17 Blk RA | eBay

1 - 6 of 6 Posts