Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noobie to list...old hand at volvo's!

Current stats:

1) 1983 244dl, with 240,000 miles on it. This was/is my first volvo; bought it with 74,000 miles on it. This car has been a real workhorse, and was our main ride until about 3 years ago. My son drives it to school now. However, it's recently developed an intermittant stalling condition that I can't pinpoint (not fuel pumps or relays; not ignition components). Also, due to a change in the Ca smog laws, I've just found out it will no longer pass the smog test! This car has always breezed through these tests with no problem. But Ca really want's these older cars off the road, and it looks like they may succeed with this one.

2) 1985 245dl, with 210,000 miles on it. This is my daily driver and current workhorse. A great, dependable vehicle. I have no problem taking this car on long trips. Last trip was to Death Valley; I'm planning another trip there this fall. However (always something, no?), I'm in the process of haggling with the state over smog check failure...another victim of changing requirements (it, too, has always passed easily until this year). If I can't get it to pass, I may be forced to give it up as well. It isn't bloody fair!!

3) 1996 850, with 100,000 miles. Bought this for my Wife to replace the '83 she was driving. I wanted her to have something more comfortable and with a little more power. It's also a nice car, and I get to drive it once in a while!

4) 1972 144e. I bought it for $250, drove it for a year, and sold it for $375. I wish I still owned this one...it would be exempt from smog checks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.