Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from the UK,
Great forum, im going to have a look at a c70 2.3T gt on Tuesday and have researched on what to look out for, one thing I would like to ask is the what is the general turbo life for the 2.3 t? I understand its not a LPT therefore should I be expecting to replace the Turbo sometime soon considering this is a 90k car I may be buying or does it have a significantly longer lifecycle?

Thanks in advance

FAR

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
I have seen these cars go over 150,000 miles with the stock turbo.And also see these engines go well over 300,000 miles.

Also I moved this topic to the C70 forum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
THANKS TECH

Thats fine then, good news!

Any tips for me to look out for considering the milage? Common faults etc...?

Also on another note please can you check out this When you clck on 'engine tuning do the figures look accurate to you ? 70 bhp increase just by remapping and upping the boost?

Would also be interested in any UK owners who have used these guys. (as you may have gathered the car will be modded as soon as I find a good example
)

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
That seems pretty close might be a little high but close.

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
If you change the chip, then it would do just that.

BTW, welcome to the forum, Far!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys - I wil post up some pics once I find the car I am wanting, probably get the ecu reprogrammed next week and get her on a rolling road to see the power gains before and after, I must admit its a decent power gain considering the cost vs bhp coming in at 500 GBP

Does anyone know what bar a stock c70 2.3t produces?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts