Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought this car about 3 months ago an love it! Noticed a bit of a smell occasionally from the AC this summer, but I could just cycle the compressor manually and it would work again for a while. The wether has changed and I just tried my heater last night and my widows fogged up right away and I get a smelly fog coming from the vents. I also have a wet spot in the passenger footwell carpet, so I am guessing it is a heater core. I am waiting for a quote from the dealer, but I was wondering if anyone had either had this done at a dealer or repair shop and what the total cost and labor hours were.

Thanks,
Todd

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,

I changed the heat core on my C70 and believe it is similar in construction on S and V70. I am not an expert and with the help of a Volvo Vadis DVD (software used by volvo dealer and mechnics for after-sale, bought on ebay), I did it easily. It will take you about 3 hours and you need some screwdrivers and torx, a pair of pliers for hose and a heater core+ seal kits. The heater core + seal kit cost me $150 and my volvo dealer asked me $900. It is up to you.
If you have any question, let me know.

Cedric

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there, I have a problem myself. I bought the car (93 Volvo GLT) about 4 months ago during the summer but I never bother to turn on the heater to make sure it worked. Just last week when I turn it on I noticed that it smells like radiator coolant. I took it to the mechanic and he told me that it was leaking and needed to be fixed but it would cost me between $700 & $800 labor, parts and all. So, I took it home and disconnected the houses. Now I need to change the heater core and I am finding out that I need to take out the entire dashboard out.......The car works fine and I love it......Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Thanks.

Mai

1 - 3 of 3 Posts