Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with the seat getting too hot in one spot. Any ideas as to how big of a job this may be. The heated seat very nice in the winter months here in Canada.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
There might be a problem with the heating element.You will have to remove the seat cover which isn't all that hard if you have any mechanic experiance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i saw poster from other forum saying those can be adjusted by computer setting, you dealer should be able to fix it (depends on your model), I remember some dealer charge for $75 for the fix (simply type in some parameters into their system, another example, one may like or dislike what comes with volvo brand

·
Registered
27 Posts
QUOTE(Mak @ Feb 2 2005, 05:05 PM)I have a problem with the seat getting too hot in one spot. Any ideas as to how big of a job this may be. The heated seat very nice in the winter months here in Canada.
[snapback]2941[/snapback]​

your making me feel guilty now! Am using my heated seats also,but i am in the UK,i thought it was cold here but i know after visiting Canada how cold it gets there!!
Hope i can offer you some advice.....i keep using autoglym leather conditioner on my seats to keep them soft and in good order!! On the hot spot thing the best thing would be to take it into your local dealers,maybe the wiring has got too close together inside?I wouldnt like to strip a seat down myself!! Hope this helps......trackpad...UK

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know that we dont have the weather those on the otherside of the pond get but to be honest I dont use mine cause it makes me uncomfy. and cracks up the leather. Perhaps mine are set to high then? (Now erm where did I put that independent volvo garage's address?)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Saw this notice on volvo club uk site might be of some use

Notice to all Model Year 1996 and 1997 Volvo 850 Owners with Heated Front Seats Volvo Car Corporation has issued an Active Service Campaign on MY96-97 850 saloon and estates with heated front seats. It has been identified that there may be a potential deterioration of the wiring to the heating elements of both front seats. The wiring requires a check to be carried out and a modified loom to be fitted. Please contact your local dealer who will confirm if your vehicle is affected and if necessary arrange for the modification to be carried out free of charge. The last six digits of the chassis range of affected vehicles are as follows: 850 Saloon - 267427 to 393364* 850 Estate - 175991 to 340364* *All UK supplied vehicles within this chassis range were fitted with heated front seats as standard. NB: It may well be that due to the age of the vehicles, there are other faults unassociated with this Campaign that could be detected during the dealer inspection. If this is the case any repair to these that the dealer undertakes will be chargeable.

Seriously I hope it helps.

Matt Oswin

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info I will be calling my dealer (car dealer that is ) first thing in the morning.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts