Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have a V70 AWD from 2000, with automatic transmission. When the car is running uphill on high gear,low RPM, and shifts to a lower gear, a quite hard gear-shift takes place. I can hear a "dunk" sound in the car.
This also happends sometimes when it shift from a lower gear to a higher gear, like after i have performed a "kickdown", and let go of the accelerator.
Is it something wrong with my transmission, is this normal in a V70 AWD?

Any comments on this?

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
You should check with the dealer and see if there are any software upgrades avalible for your car.sometimes that will help.Or possibly a valve body on its way out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
QUOTE(kem041175 @ Dec 8 2004, 06:00 AM)Hi,
I have a V70 AWD from 2000, with automatic transmission. When the car is running uphill on high gear,low RPM, and shifts to a lower gear, a quite hard gear-shift takes place. I can hear a "dunk" sound in the car.
This also happends sometimes when it shift from a lower gear to a higher gear, like after i have performed a "kickdown", and let go of the accelerator.
Is it something wrong with my transmission, is this normal in a V70 AWD?

Any comments on this?
[snapback]1563[/snapback]​

Hi,

I am having similar problems with my 2000 V70 XC AWD - 55000 miles. At higher speeds (60 mph) I hear a similar hard sound (lockup?) when I accelerate. It also feels as if something is slipping especially when I accelerate at low speeds.

Anyone has similar experiences? Comments?

Regards, Jan

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Tech,
I changed the Oil/filter on transmission, and upgraded software. It has now stopped with the hard gear-shift, and seems to work fine. Thank you for good advise!

Regards
Karl

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Jan,
I took a trip to my Volvo dealer to look at the Gear-shift problem. They changed Oil/Filter on the transmission, and upgraded software. The problem disappeared, and everything seems to work fine.

Hope this works fine on your transmission too.

Regards
Karl

1 - 9 of 9 Posts