Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just got a UK spec V50 with a premium sound kit but local mobile phone dealer says can't fit a radio mute handsfree car kit.

Volvo dealers can't make mind up on cost for Vovlo fit kit, prices range from £350 to £750. They also tell me that nobody does an after market radio mute kit for Volvo amplified ICE unit.

Does anybody use a bluetooth handsfree car kit, Nokia 610 preferred, or have any ideas on how to get around this!?!?!

All help greatly appreciated and received !

Greg

·
Registered
21 Posts
Have a V50 and use the Sony Ericsson Blue Tooth headset - no propblem - especially as the Volume control is on the steering wheel anyway...

·
Registered
2 Posts
In my 2004 S40 (new model), originally a Sony Ericsson carkit was built in that did NOT mute the car audio. After complaining to the dealer about having a € 35.000 car and not being able to mute the car audio AND having the sound of the carkit coming from a terrible small speaker just underneath the steering-wheel, they mounted what they called an AEM module to mute the radio when a phone call comes in. Then I myself mounted a Sony Ericsson Advanced Music Mute HCE-16 by cutting the speaker-wires from the amplifier on the left-rear-side of the car and putting the Music Mute in between.
All works fine
, and now I have a mute AND the telephone sound comes from the front radio speakers in the door !

Good luck !

·
Registered
2 Posts
DID you try dashmount.co.uk for an audio mute lead for you nokia kit. they have a searchalbe datadace for the make and modle of your kit and car to get the right one

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have fitted a Parrot CK3300 www.parrot.biz in to my 2005 V50. with the premium sound system. you need an adaptor cable http://www.autoleads.co.uk/database/V50.html i ordered them from www.justcarkits.co.uk they were £60 but the sit after the amp and break the connection with a relay and then put the connection back. the one big thing with the autoleads is you dont have to cut a single wire in the car. it picks the power up from the cigarette ligher socket. if you want some pics of the instalation drop me a email volvoforum [email protected] bpnl.co.uk remove the "at"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts