Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Tony:

I will be very interested in your answer.

I have a V-50 on order (also here in the UK) and have ordered the integrated GSM phone. So I can't relate from personal experience -- yet.

I bought a Virgin Mobile sim card for it yesterday and had the sim/phone number added added to my current Virgin Mobile direct debit account with my normal mobile phone.

I will be watching this space for any information that you gain on this problem and if it would affect me as a Virgin subscriber.

Three questions now:
1. Where does the sim card go? Is it safe from prying eyes?

2. Does your installation have the optional handset phone? Where does that fit -- Behind the 'stack" or elsewhere?

3. Can you cycle through your phone list from the steering wheel?

Sorry for your experience - hope others can gain from it.

Regards,

Peter
Huntingshire near Cambridge

· Registered
4 Posts
Tony -

Thanks for the good information. Good call on advising to look in manual for location.

The reason I was curious about the location of the handset is that Volvo brochure said you could not order the little wastebasket that fits behind the stack in you had a handset with your GSM phone.

I do not need a handset, but the Australian spec car that I am ordering (because we will be going there in a year or so) does not have an option to not have a handset.

Thanks again for the good information - can't wait for the car to arrive. It will be built on 5 November so should arrive in the UK they say around the 20th of November.

Cheers

Peter

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.