Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have just taken delivery of a V50, and am having difficulty with the integrated phone facility.

I am using a Vodafone SIM from my 'pay as you go' phone and I can only recieve calls on it.

When I try to make an outgoing call, the phone symbol on the display is in the 'off-hook' position for a couple of seconds, then it returns to the on-hook position - the call is terminated. No error messages are produced anywhere.

I wondered about my call credit being low, but it wouldn't even let me make the connection to find out.

If anyone has any ideas, I would be greatful for them,

Regards,

Tony Rogers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Tony:

I will be very interested in your answer.

I have a V-50 on order (also here in the UK) and have ordered the integrated GSM phone. So I can't relate from personal experience -- yet.

I bought a Virgin Mobile sim card for it yesterday and had the sim/phone number added added to my current Virgin Mobile direct debit account with my normal mobile phone.

I will be watching this space for any information that you gain on this problem and if it would affect me as a Virgin subscriber.

Three questions now:
1. Where does the sim card go? Is it safe from prying eyes?

2. Does your installation have the optional handset phone? Where does that fit -- Behind the 'stack" or elsewhere?

3. Can you cycle through your phone list from the steering wheel?

Sorry for your experience - hope others can gain from it.

Regards,

Peter
Huntingshire near Cambridge

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Peter,

My problem is solved. It was the fact that the SIM had no calling credit left on it. I couldn't get the phone to call Vodafone in the usual way to get the amount of credit left - I had to put it in another phone and fire it up.

Oh well - it works fine now!

Regarding your questions - The SIM is hidden from prying eyes. The manual will tell you where it is!

I don't have a handset. It is fitted on the RHS of the instrument stack in the middle of the car.

You can cycle round those numbers on your phone list that you have already dialed out on. You cannot as far as I know go through your whole phone list. I suspect this is a convenience or safety feature.

The car's great, I hope that you enjoy yours.

Regards,

Tony.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Tony -

Thanks for the good information. Good call on advising to look in manual for location.

The reason I was curious about the location of the handset is that Volvo brochure said you could not order the little wastebasket that fits behind the stack in you had a handset with your GSM phone.

I do not need a handset, but the Australian spec car that I am ordering (because we will be going there in a year or so) does not have an option to not have a handset.

Thanks again for the good information - can't wait for the car to arrive. It will be built on 5 November so should arrive in the UK they say around the 20th of November.

Cheers

Peter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts