Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I just bought a 94 Turbo wagon with ~145,000 miles on the clock.
I would like to pick your minds on 2 topics.

A. My 2 year old son reclined the electric driver's seat to the fully reclined position.
Now the back of the driver's seat will not incline back at all. I had to drive about an hour yesterday with the seat back all the way laid back. When i press
the recline button, i can still hear the motor run, but it does not incline back.
All the other electric seat controls are still working correctly. I didn't want to tear into the leather seats before asking here first. How can i either manually or electrically incline the seatback to normal driving position.

B. The car is throwing codes indicating 1) Lamda sensor, 2) knock sensor.
The mechanic said that by replacing the Lamda sensor, it could possibly take care of the knock sensor. Is the Lamda sensor the same thing as an O2 sensor. How difficult of a task is it to replace the Lamda sensor? Is this something that a novice person such as myself can do? I am somewhat OK with a wrench.

All opinions are welcomed.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone out there that can help?
i really need to fix the seat back to normal position very soon.
driving around all the way laid back is killing my lower back, and unsafe at that.

thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,592 Posts
I am really sorry I couldn't be of much help. We specifically opted for the non-electric seats.

Sorry.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,911 Posts
QUOTE(ampangbear @ May 11 2005, 09:31 PM)I am really sorry I couldn't be of much help. We specifically opted for the non-electric seats.

Sorry.

[snapback]7728[/snapback]​

I am in the process of helping him work through it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.