Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings to my fellow S40 owners. I wish I'd found this forum long ago. It would probably have saved me lots of money and frustration. I own a 2000 S40 that I bought with 23,000 miles on it. It now has 86,000 miles on it and the engine has been very dependable. Unfortunately that's about the only thing I haven't had problems with. I need to replace the upper motor mounts (for the second time in less than a year) and was wondering if anyone could provide info on how to do it myself. Also, I've replaced the bushings on the rear anti-sway bar 3 times, the last time was just 2 months ago and they are squeeking again. Does anyone else have these problems? I also have to replace the headlights about every other month and the tail lights as well. What a nightmare. Thanks in advance for any assistance anyone can provide. And I'd like to apologize for my first post in this forum being one of complaints and asking for help.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
The motor mounts are pretty straight foward.The right side one is very easy.
The trans one on the left side is a little more complicated.You will have to remove some stuff to get to it.

For the bushings did you install grease on them before you installed them?

The light bulbs are just a Volvo thing they all do it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts