Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
SOLVED: Does anyone know if the GPS antenna which is housed in the sharksfin on the rear roof is installed by default, even if the built-in GPS option is not fitted?

If it is, can anyone tell me where the cable from it terminates? I want to use my portable Garmin satnav in the car, but find that the received signal is weak for some reason, so want to use the roof-mounted antenna to solve the problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got the answer from my dealer. He confirmed that all on all Volvo models the sharksfin is empty, unless the factory fitted GPS is installed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know if the GPS antenna which is housed in the sharksfin on the rear roof is installed by default, even if the built-in GPS option is not fitted?
Sometimes the GPS antenna and receiver can be located in a sharkfin or similar device attached to the rear of the vehicle. This is often seen with convertibles.
If you have an older car, this is not at all unusual. Some SUVs and pickups even have them! But if your luxury roof requires GPS, then there should be a small dish installed before manufacturing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts