Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI VOLVO DRIVERS. THIS IS MY FIRST LETTER FOR THIS FORUM. I OWNE A 240 WHICH HAS A GOOD APETITE FOR THE ORIGINAL M47 GEARBOXES. I USE THE CLUTCH PROPERLY FOR EVERY GEARCHANGE I MAKE, SO THAT IS NOT THE PROBLEM. THE PROBLEM IS OVERHEATING THE GEAR-SPROCKETS WHEN I DRIVE IT LONG TIME AT THE SAME GEAR. FOR INSTANCE AT AUTOBAHN PASSES OVER SEVERAL MILES AND WITH GREAT( EH READ:pEDAL TO THE METAL) SPEED, IT HAS BROKEN DOWN TOTALLY. AND IF YOU DID NOT KNOW: A M47 DOES NOT GROW ON TREES IN GERMANY... ONCE I HAD TO RENT A CAR, AND GO TO THE NETHERLANDS AND AUTO RIMA TO GET A PROPER ONE. THIS WAS AFTER A LAP AT NURBURGRING. IN 3 YEARS MY CAR HAS CONSUMED 4 GEARBOXES. THIS IS QUITE EXPENSIVE. AND MY DREAM IS TO BE ABLE TO TAKE IT AROUND THE GREEN HELL WITHOUT RISKING OIL SPILL ON THE TARMAC, WRECKING MY CAR, OR CAUSING INJURY TO MY SELF AND OTHERS. I HOPE TO BE ABLE TO PUT IN A GETRAG M50 GEARBOX. ITS NOT EASY AND CHEAP TO GET ONE, BUT I HOPE MY TRIPS TO GERMANY WILL GET EASIER AFTER I GET ONE INSTALLED. MY QUESTION IS : DO YOU KNOW OF ANY COMPLETE M50 WITH CLUTCH HOUSING, PROPELLER AXLE, THRUST BEARING, AND RELEASEMECHANISM FOR SALE? I LIVE IN NORWAY. THANKFULL FOR SERIOUS ANSWERS.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts